California certified Teacher for the Visually Impaired-- Remote position available now
We are seeking to hire a Teacher of the Visually Impaired. When you join VocoVision as a virtual TVI, flexibility in your work day is possible. Our virtual teachers of the visually impaired are dedicated to making students flourish in school. Our services will allow students to connect with premier professionals like yourself throughout the country.
What we are looking for:
- Candidate Must be available during school hours
- Job Capabilities:
- Assess the student’s needs and teach specific skills
- Assist classroom teachers and other staff on how to adapt materials and curriculum to make them accessible for the students, as well as making the school environment more conducive to meeting the child’s needs.
- Successfully teach braille
- Respond to parent questions through a variety of online means. Using video conference technology
- Observe classroom environments and provide feedback and strategies to teachers.
- Participate in IEP and other parent meetings to plan for meeting student needs.
VocoVision’s Teachers of the Visually Impaired can access our easy-to-use tools that not only help students, but can train and support family members, educators, and administrators. They are skilled at modifying environments from an online setting just as well as they do onsite.
- 1099 Independent Contract
- Guaranteed Hours weekly
- 100% full remote, all you need is a working device (laptop or PC)
- Equal Pay for indirect and direct services
- Masters level degree (Education for the Visually Impaired Students)
- Requires State Teaching Certification in Visually Impaired-- for California
- Has experience teaching students who are blind, going blind, have limited sight, or have another visual impairment
If this position interests you please email your resume to me Kelly Perez at [email protected] or call me directly for more information at 678-367-4912! If I am away I will get back with you within 24-48 hours of your call/voicemail.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled