California Remote Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher
Job Type: Full-time, 1099 Contract
Vocovision has partnered with a California School District seeking a passionate and dedicated Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. As a specialized educator, you will play a crucial role in providing quality education and support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing, ensuring their academic and social success.
- Master's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education, or a related field.
- California teaching certification for Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL) and knowledgeable about deaf culture.
- Two years of experience working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing in a classroom setting.
- Knowledge of assistive technology and other resources for students with hearing impairments.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with hearing impairments, in collaboration with the student's support team.
- Adapt and modify instructional materials and methods to meet the unique learning needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Utilize various instructional strategies, including American Sign Language (ASL) and other visual aids, to facilitate student learning.
- Provide direct instruction in subject areas such as language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes the social and emotional development of students.
- Collaborate with other educators, support staff, and parents/guardians to ensure effective communication and student progress.
- Conduct ongoing assessments to monitor student performance and adjust instructional strategies accordingly.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume online today or via email to Rumor Morton at [email protected] Include "California Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing" in the subject line of your email. You can also call/text 678-497-4825.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled