Certified Sign Language Interpreter
Interpret through the digital world for students nationwide! We are seeking to hire a Remote Sign Language Interpreter for a district in Arizona. When you join VocoVision as a virtual Sign Language Interpreter, flexibility in your work day is possible.
What we are looking for:
- Full time candidate
- Must be available during school hours (PST time)
- Job Capabilities:
- Knowledge of American Sign Language
- Assist students who are deaf or hard of hearing to understand the spoken language from their teachers, peers, and administrators.
- Be able to operate either a group setting or in a one-on-one environment.
- Remain available throughout the students day
- SLIs are expected to excel in listening, memorizing, and communicating.
Similar to an in-person interpreter, an online sign language interpreter shadows deaf and hard of hearing students throughout the day, only this time through a mobile device. Through the use of VocoVision technology, our sign language interpreters can stay connected with your students for both academic and extra-curricular activities.
- 1099 Independent Contract
- Guaranteed Hours weekly
- 100% full remote, all you need is a working device (laptop or PC)
- Equal Pay for indirect and direct services
- Bachelors Level Degree in ASL or Education Interpreting
- Must hold EIPA score of 3.5 or above
Arizona- IVP Fingerprint Card
SLIs must be licensed through the AZ Commission for DHH: ACDHH . AZ SLIs are only exempt from the license if they are serving a single student on an IEP (Individualized Education Plan).
If this position interests you please email your resume to me Kelly Perez at [email protected] or call me directly for more information at 678-367-4912! If I am away I will get back with you within 24-48 hours of your call/voicemail.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled