Elementary Special Education Teacher
South Carolina - Online EC Special Education Teacher
Are you an experienced educator licensed in South Carolina eager to find a new position in schools, virtually? This is your chance to work with a supportive and all-around amazing school district in SC, and work online for the remainder of the school year.
The right candidate will have a possible opportunity of renewing for the next school year. We require a master's degree and active state license, as well as tele-teaching experience, and at least 2 years of recent classroom experience. This caseload will cover math, reading, and social-emotional learning. The district utilizes Enrich, Schoology, and the students work off of chromebooks, so any experience is a bonus!
If you’re ready to jump into remote teaching for your next career, we have you covered! Check out the position we have listed here, and the others on our website, or just email [email protected]
- Responsible for planning and providing for appropriate learning experiences for students based on the district's curriculum as well as providing an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of individuals.
- Demonstrate command of school subject being taught.
- Provide direct instruction and/or specially designed instruction to students in special programs consistent with the district's curriculum and Individual Education Programs (IEP).
- Consult with classroom teachers and/or local school administrator to develop and maintain academic as well as behavioral management programs.
- Participate as an active member of the regular faculty of the school, assuming school duties shared by classroom teachers.
- Conduct in-service programs to the faculty regarding special education, specific program areas, management techniques, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), etc.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with regular educators to support students with disabilities in regular classrooms.
- Develop and prioritize long and short-term instructional objectives based on the district's curriculum.
- Plan instruction as needed to promote student mastery of prerequisite skills and knowledge.
- Analyze student work and assessments to determine instructional needs.
- Prepare written lesson plans to support instructional objectives for all students.
- Plan appropriate assessment of student learning.
- Evaluate, select, and modify resources and activities.
- Communicate specific learning objectives to students in a clear manner.
- Link lesson content to students' prior knowledge, background experience, and/or real-world application of content.
- Capture student attention through active involvement.
- Organize and arrange the classroom to facilitate learning.
- Ensure smooth transitions from one activity to another.
- Define and communicate behavior expectations to students in a clear manner.
- Monitor behavior and provide appropriate feedback to students.
- Deal effectively with inappropriate behavior.
- Focus on student behavior rather than personality.
- Treat sensitive situations with discretion.
- Encourage participation from all students.
- Establish mutual respect between the teacher and students.
- Convey warmth, friendliness, and enthusiasm.
Why Partner with VocoVision?
- Remote assignments – 100% Work-from-home positions
- Compensation for direct and indirect services
- Guaranteed hours
- We offer extensive support, from virtual training resources to a team of remote educators, therapists, and behavior specialists who have worked with VocoVision and are trained to assist you, to make Remote work in Schools possible.
- VocoVision, rather than appearing out of the pandemic, has been an established remote services resource for schools stretching the country to assist in bringing education into the future for more than a decade.
- Independent contracts
If you have any questions regarding the requirements of this position, please contact me at (678) 748-5316. For immediate consideration, please send a copy of your resume with 3 professional references to: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled