Fully Remote Teacher for the Visually Impaired in California
VocoVision has partnered with a school in California in need of a Teacher for Visually Impaired for the 2023-24 school year.
As a TVI, Applicants Will
- Prepare instruction geared to the student's assessed needs, IEP goals and objectives, functioning, and motivational levels.
- Recommend environmental adjustments for the student in the school.
- Ensure that large-type or braille texts, supplementary materials, educational, aids, and equipment needed by the visually impaired student, and the classroom teacher, are provided in a timely manner to ensure the student's maximum participation in all classroom activities
- Provide initial and periodic assessments:
- consult with assessment team to determine appropriate testing materials and modifications needed,
- conduct functional vision/learning media assessments and document results
- interprets assessment results when needed.
- Attend IEP meetings for students with visual impairments.
- Applicants must be certified as a Teacher of Visually Impaired Students in the state of California
- Must have 2 years of experience working as a TVI (some exceptions apply)
To attain more professional flexibility and a better work-life balance, apply today by sending your resume and 2-3 references to Jeremy Senterfitt at [email protected]. You can also call/text Jeremy directly at 678-710-7948.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled