High School Special Education Teacher needed in Illinois!
VocoVision is a Teletherapy services staffing company working with a local school district in ILLINOIS to locate and hire fully remote Licensed Special Education Teachers to maximize the learning experience of students with special needs, in academics, interpersonal skills and activities of daily living by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities, outcomes; addressing students' specific needs; providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Participates in PPT's and assists in developing Individual Educational Plans ("IEP") for students.
- Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students' IEP's and behavior management plans.
- Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with social work services.
- Serves as ready resource to students and parents to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and behavioral management; serves as liaison between home and school.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Knowledge of Special Education principles, theories, testing, methods, etc. as well as proven methods of maximizing the educational experience of students with special needs.
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Education, Experience and Licensure Requirements:
- Active PEL and LBS1
- Self Contained Classroom and/or Adaptive Curriculum Endorsements preferred, but not required.
- All caseloads are SCC with paraprofessional assistance.
- Bachelors Degree or Higher in Special Education or an appropriate related field
- Previous experience is preferred, but not required.
To be immediately considered please email a copy of your resume to [email protected] or give me a call at (678) 497-4817.
I am actively screening applicants for our client, and would love to hear from you!
Director of Remote Educational Resources / / VocoVision
O: (678) 497-4817
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled