Michigan Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Remote Job
Job Description: Vocovision has partnered with a school district in Michigan seeking a experienced Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to work during the current school year.
- Master's degree in Education, Special Education, or a related field.
- Teaching certification in Deaf Education (Michigan).
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and familiarity with other communication modalities used by deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
- Strong technological skills and ability to effectively use online platforms and educational tools.
- Experience working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing for at least 2 years.
- Ability to develop and implement individualized education plans.
- Develop and implement individualized educational plans for students with hearing impairments.
- Utilize online platforms and tools to deliver engaging and interactive lessons that cater to the unique needs of each student.
- Adapt curriculum materials to meet the specific needs of deaf and hard of hearing students.
- Provide instruction in American Sign Language (ASL) and other communication modalities as appropriate.
- Assess and monitor student progress, providing regular feedback and support.
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents, and support staff to ensure a cohesive and inclusive educational experience for students.
- Attend virtual staff meetings and parent conferences as required.
Work Environment: This is a work-from-home position, and the successful teacher will be responsible for creating a conducive and distraction-free teaching environment at home.
Please send your application materials to [email protected] with the subject line "Remote Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Application." You can also apply directly online or via phone at 678-497-4825.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled