Montana School Sign Language Interpreter Job - Virtual
School Based Work-from-home Sign Language Interpreter Job
VocoVision is currently looking for an ASL interpreter to work-from-home with a school district based in Billings, Montana. This is an amazing opportunity for the upcoming semester with a sympathetic and supportive team of administrators on staff. This is a full-time position that will be working with 1:1 with a student K-12th grade, assigned based on experience.
- K-12th grade
- Direct services
- 1:1 interpreting
- Flexible hours
- Full and part time openings available
- Virtual academy - 100% work from home
- Translates simultaneously with the classroom lectures and/or other presentations and events from English into sign language; translates students responses from sign language into English
- Interprets at special events (such as field trips, student instructor conferences and special meetings)
Assist deaf or hard of hearing students with the learning materials and instructional exercises
- Tutor deaf or hard of hearing students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow-up learning activity
- Obtains and reviews related instructional materials prior to providing interpreting services, as requested
- Assist deaf or hard of hearing students in student orientation
- Provides awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of the hard of hearing population
- Assist in students Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals under the direction of instructional personnel
- Assist with the development and maintenance of special education records
- Assist instructional personnel in maintaining discipline and other functions
- Participates in the maintenance of required records pertaining to services for hard of hearing students
- Participates in periodic interpreter staff meetings and in-service workshops
- May interact with faculty or staff to resolve problems as needed???????
- EIPA Score of 3.0
- ???????RID/NIC accepted
- State DOE licensure
- 2 years of recent experience
- Master's degree
Benefits of Partnering with VocoVision:
- Remote assignments – 100% Work-from-home positions
- Compensation for direct and indirect services
- Access to a full developed, established Teletherapy platform via VocoVision
- We offer extensive support, from virtual training resources to a team of remote educators, therapists, and behavior specialists who have worked with VocoVision and are trained to assist you, to make Educational Teletherapy possible. We strive to provide timely and helpful solutions to make evaluation, assessment, and therapy as effective as onsite services!
- VocoVision is not a virtual pandemic response, but rather, an established resource for schools stretching the country to assist in bringing education into the future. We have over 11 years of helping educators and school districts offer Teletherapy services to their students. We have the infrastructure and experience to make your remote assignment seamless, regardless of circumstances.
To jump on the opportunity, please send a copy of your updated resume directly to me at [email protected] Once received, I will be in contact with you to get your interview availability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled