Online Teacher for the Visually Impaired- Full-Time (WA)
Are you a compassionate individual who is dedicated to providing educational opportunities for all students? Do you exemplify high standards of equity and inclusion in the workplace? Do you desire more flexibility in your career? If so, working with VocoVision as a remote Teacher for the Visually Impaired may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for. Continue reading for further requirements to see if you’re the perfect fit for this position.
Timeframe: 2022 – 2023 school year, full-time
Pay structure: 1099 independent contractor, paid on a weekly basis
- Master’s Degree in Education for Teaching Visually Impaired Students
- Current state teaching certificate in Visual Education
- Must have endorsements in Visual Impairments or Orientation and Mobility
- MUST have active ESA
- Must pass technical assessment through VocoVision
- Must pass a background check
- 2+ years recent experience preferred
Position responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Attend IEP meetings to help develop individualized treatment plans and advocate for students
- Communicate student needs to parents and other educational professionals
- Deliver curriculum material to students who are blind, going blind, limited in sight, or have other visual impairment
- Perform tests and evaluations to monitor progress and aid in development of treatment plan
What can we offer you? VocoVision will provide you with top-notch telehealth software to facilitate virtual work via Zoom with your students so that you can help them succeed without having to worry about transportation access or commutes. We will provide training, reliable technical support, and access to assessments relevant to your field so that you can work 100% from the comfort of your home.
If you are interested in the position, apply directly below or contact Karlie Burrell at [email protected] or (470) 880-5034.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled