Remote Special Education Teacher Opening - Full-time
ASAP START - Kansas Special Education Teachers Needed
If you've been considering working from home, and are an experienced Special Education Teacher in KS, this is your chance to work with a reputable school district based in Kansas City area for the school year. The right candidate will have a possible opportunity of renewing for next year. Call us to set up an interview today!
- Middle school caseload
- Direct services
- Assessments and Evaluations
- Full-time Hours
- Virtual academy - 100% work from home
- Responsible for planning and providing for appropriate learning experiences for students based on the district's curriculum as well as providing an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of individuals.
- Demonstrate command of school subject being taught.
- Provide direct instruction and/or specially designed instruction to students in special programs consistent with the district's curriculum and Individual Education Programs (IEP).
- Consult with classroom teachers and/or local school administrator to develop and maintain academic as well as behavioral management programs.
- Participate as an active member of the regular faculty of the school, assuming school duties shared by classroom teachers.
- Conduct in-service programs to the faculty regarding special education, specific program areas, management techniques, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), etc.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with regular educators to support students with disabilities in regular classrooms.
- Develop and prioritize long and short-term instructional objectives based on the district's curriculum.
- Plan instruction as needed to promote student mastery of prerequisite skills and knowledge.
- Analyze student work and assessments to determine instructional needs.
- Prepare written lesson plans to support instructional objectives for all students.
- Plan appropriate assessment of student learning.
- Evaluate, select, and modify resources and activities.
- Communicate specific learning objectives to students in a clear manner.
- Link lesson content to students' prior knowledge, background experience, and/or real-world application of content.
- Capture student attention through active involvement.
- Organize and arrange the classroom to facilitate learning.
- Ensure smooth transitions from one activity to another.
- Define and communicate behavior expectations to students in a clear manner.
- Monitor behavior and provide appropriate feedback to students.
- Deal effectively with inappropriate behavior.
- Focus on student behavior rather than personality.
- Treat sensitive situations with discretion.
- Encourage participation from all students.
- Establish mutual respect between the teacher and students.
- Convey warmth, friendliness, and enthusiasm.
- State DOE licensure
- 2 years of recent experience
- Master's degree
Why Partner with VocoVision?
- Remote assignments – 100% Work-from-home positions
- Compensation for direct and indirect services
- Guaranteed hours
- We offer extensive support, from virtual training resources to a team of remote educators, therapists, and behavior specialists who have worked with VocoVision and are trained to assist you, to make Remote work in Schools possible.
- VocoVision, rather than appearing out of the pandemic, has been an established remote services resource for schools stretching the country to assist in bringing education into the future for more than a decade.
- Independent contracts
To apply for this great opportunity, please contact Rachael Nintzel at (678) 748-5316. For immediate consideration, please send a copy of your resume with 3 professional references to: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled