School Speech Language Pathologist - Virtual
Speech Language Pathologist to work virtually as an Independent Contractor for the 2022-2023 school year.
This opening is at a Maryland School District for a 1099 contractor who can use technology to remotely deliver speech therapy to Elementary, Middle, or High school students.
Although you would be working from home, this school district is located at the intersection of the Washington DC and Baltimore corridors. They are central to a thriving tech hub and biotechnology industry. With over 68 schools, 44,000 students, and 6,000 employees, Our teachers are integral leaders in the community. This school district invites you to partner with Vocovision to deliver virtual therapy and instruction to any one of the 68 schools in the community. Depending on your area of expertise and experience, you may be able to work at an Elementary, Middle or High school.
- Masters Degree in Communication Disorders
- Maryland School license in Speech-Language Pathology
- Aquire Professional Liability Insurance
- At least 2 years of school-based experience
- Strong technology skills (especially with Zoom and Microsoft Office)
- Experience developing Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), progress monitoring student performance, and collaborating with other educational team members is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and parents.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices and the application of their use, as well as the ability to evaluate their effectiveness and take appropriate action
Working from your home, the SLP will “virtually” manage instructional programs for students with speech and language needs. Through use of the Vocovision Toolkit, Internet and various curriculum tools, they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program. Speech & Language Pathologist (SLP) will provide speech and language services to students in the school setting. The SLP will develop Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and lead case conferences. The work will include collaboration with colleagues through Zoom. The SLP will collect, monitor and report student progress monitoring data.
Virtual Speech Therapist Duties:
- Manage and provide instructional guidance, virtual teaching, and general strategies for speech students;
- Implement Individualized Education Plans.
- Progress monitor IEP goals, and complete progress reports.
- Schedule and conduct reevaluations
- Communicate regularly with parents/learning coaches of students with speech needs to insure that student IEP goals are being met and that their needs are addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Provide direct and indirect services to students including services delivered through web-conferencing software, as needed;
- Help teachers and learning coaches develop and implement program accommodations and modifications
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in the school’s Learning Management System
- Administering testing in grades K-12
- Other duties as assigned
This is a 1099 contract position for a full-time, 36week virtual Speech Teletherapist
- Pay for this position is around 1,500k a week
- This position offers the ability to work from home! – NO COMMUTE. You are guaranteed hours and will receive compensation for ALL direct AND indirect work on a weekly basis. You will have unique access to a teletherapy platform established for more than a decade.
- VocoVision provides ongoing training on the comprehensive teletherapy toolkit as well as an ability to earn a professional video conference license
To speak with a Vocovision representative contact Claire Zarynoff at 770-776-2133
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled