Teacher for the Visually Impaired - California (Remote)
Virtual Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) - VocoVision
Are you a passionate and dedicated educator with a strong background in teaching students with visual impairments? Are you looking for an innovative and flexible opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of visually impaired students? If so, VocoVision has the perfect position for you!
Position: Virtual Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) - Independent Contractor
Location: Remote / Must hold California Teaching Certification
Type: Part-time or Full-time
Job Description: As a Virtual Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) with VocoVision, you will play a crucial role in providing specialized educational services to students who are blind or visually impaired. You will work remotely and utilize our state-of-the-art online platform to deliver engaging and effective instruction, ensuring that each student receives the support they need to succeed academically and develop essential life skills.
- Provide individualized instruction and support to visually impaired students through virtual sessions.
- Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of the educational team to develop and implement tailored learning plans.
- Adapt and create accessible materials and resources to meet the unique needs of each student.
- Conduct assessments and evaluations to track student progress and make necessary adjustments to instruction.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes student engagement and growth.
- Stay current with best practices and developments in the field of visual impairment education.
- Certification as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) in the state of California
- Strong understanding of visual impairment and its impact on learning.
- Experience working with students with visual impairments, either in-person or virtually.
- Proficient in using technology and comfortable navigating online platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Looking for (1099) Independent Contracting position
- Have an updated computer and technological competency
- Flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications.
- Access to a supportive network of professionals and resources.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of visually impaired students.
Application Process: To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and any relevant certifications to our Director:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled