Teacher of the Visually Impaired job responsibilities
A teacher of the visually impaired has a specific, crucial role in the formation of the student with visual impairments. Advocating for students is the first priority, and some of the responsibilities that revolve around this are:
- Delivering Instruction to Students with Visual Impairments or Blindness
- Participating in IEP Meetings
- Providing Support to School Community
- Interpreting Medical Records
- Researching and Implementing Educational Strategies
- Communicating with Classroom Teachers
- Evaluating Formal Assessments
A teacher of the visually impaired is on the frontline of supporting those students in need. The TVI works with classroom teachers, specialists, healthcare professionals, and families to ensure optimum results for students.
Requirements for Getting a Teacher of the Visually Impaired Job
The minimum requirement for obtaining a TVI job is a Bachelor’s degree, a special education credential, and specialized training to prepare for the role. State requirements may differ slightly for certification.
Help students, and yourself, reach their highest potential. Let VocoVision carry you to the pinnacle of professional achievement as a remote teacher of the visually impaired. Make the move today and apply for our TVI jobs!Read Less