Teacher of the Visually Impaired - Remote - Massachusetts
Virtual Teacher for the Visually Impaired – Work from Home
We connect schools with the highly qualified tele-practitioners like yourself. Our platform allows you to effectively treat, teach, assess, and encourage a single student, or an entire caseload. The flexibility of our platform allows seamless collaboration and servicing with other teachers and students at the school. You will have opportunities to work on a full-year, or short-term basis.
A school district in Massachusetts has partnered with VocoVision to find a hard-working and qualified candidate to fill a TVI position they have open. VocoVision utilizes teletherapy to connect clinicians and students on a user-friendly online platform. Clinicians provide services to students who may otherwise not receive the help they need, while gaining the flexibility and autonomy that comes with working from home.
- 30 hours/week
- 4 days/week – Monday-Thursday
- Testing Low Vision Students
- Mild to moderate
- Prepare instruction geared to the student's assessed needs, IEP goals and objectives, functioning, and motivational levels.
- Recommend environmental adjustments for the student in the school.
- Ensure that large-type or braille texts, supplementary materials, educational, aids, and equipment needed by the visually impaired student, and the classroom teacher, are provided in a timely manner to ensure the student's maximum participation in all classroom activities
- Provide initial and periodic assessments:
- consult with assessment team to determine appropriate testing materials and modifications needed,
- conduct functional vision/learning media assessments and document results
- interprets assessment results when needed.
- Attend IEP meetings for students with visual impairments.
Benefits of Teletherapy:
- Work from home
- Cut transportation costs (gas and maintenance)
- Increased flexibility
- Clinical Support and Guidance
To join our team, please email resume (references preferred) to [email protected] or call/text Mathew Rocha at 770-325-0231.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled