Tele-Health School Speech-Language Pathologist Connecticut
Tele-Health School Speech-Language Pathologist – Connecticut
VocoVision has partnered with a school district in Connecticut who is looking to contract out a Speech-Language Pathologist position.
We connect schools with the highly qualified tele-practitioners like yourself! Our platform allows you to effectively treat, teach, assess, and encourage a single student, or an entire caseload. The flexibility of our platform allows seamless collaboration and servicing with other teachers and students at the school. You will have opportunities to work on a full-year, or short-term basis.
- 2022-2023 school year
- Full-Time: 35+ hours/week
- Mild to Moderate caseload
- Master’s Degree (CCC’s)
- Active Connecticut license
- Liability insurance (willing to obtain)
- Pass criminal background check
- At least 2 years of recent school’s experience
- Some Tech Savviness needed
- Under general direction, identifies, evaluates, and prepares remedial activities for student who exhibit speech-language disorders; participates in the development of individualized goals and objectives; and evaluates student progress all in a virtual environment.
- Identify students with a speech and language handicap through a multi-factored evaluation, utilizing standardized tests and/or authentic assessment activities.
- Assist in the development of curriculum guides and local policies related to speech and language handicaps.
- Provide tele-service for school and community related to speech and language handicaps.
- Provide speech/language services to students in their classrooms via HIPPA/FERPA compliant platform.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students, and leads to mastery of desired learning outcomes. Develop an appropriate Individualized Educational Plan that clearly communicates to parents, students, and other school personnel as appropriate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the unique characteristics of students belonging to multiple ethnic groups, cultures, and/or at different ability levels.
- Develop a coherent instructional plan which leads students to accessing and progressing in the general curriculum and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and other instructional activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of resources by planning to use a variety of best practices, sound instructional techniques, activities, and media, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals and/or student groups assigned.
- Provide on-going evaluation of the learning needs of students. Use assessment data to promote mastery of designated learning outcomes and plan appropriate intervention.
- Establish and maintain a standard of classroom behavior and procedures consistent with building regulations and Board of Education policy.
- Communicate clearly and accurately in both written and oral forms in all aspects of instruction and employment.
- Prepare and provide data for progress reports, report cards, intervention assistance teams and/or other reports as required.
VocoVision provides training as well as 24/7 support by our clinical/tech team, which ensures success for the therapist, student, and school. Gain the flexibility you deserve and the time you need to have an ideal work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled