Tennessee School- Teacher of the Visually Impaired - Virtual Job
Teacher of the Visually Impaired ~ Virtual Job
Are you a passionate educator looking to make a difference in the lives of visually impaired students in the beautiful state of Tennessee? We have an exciting job opportunity for you!
As a Teacher of the Visually Impaired in Tennessee, you'll play a crucial role in providing specialized education and support to students with visual impairments. You'll work collaboratively with students, parents, and school staff to develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) that cater to the unique needs and abilities of each student.
- Assess the visual needs of students and develop customized IEPs.
- Create and deliver innovative teaching strategies and materials.
- Provide instruction in Braille, orientation and mobility skills, and the use of assistive technology.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and specialists to ensure inclusive education.
- Conduct assessments and progress evaluations to monitor students' achievements.
- Advocate for students' educational rights and promote awareness of visual impairment challenges.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Special Education or a related field.
- Certification in Visual Impairment Education (TVI certification).
- Proficiency in Braille and familiarity with assistive technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy, patience, and a strong commitment to supporting visually impaired students.
- Experience in developing IEPs and individualized teaching plans is preferred
Tennessee offers a unique blend of natural beauty, culture, and a strong sense of community. Join our online network and be part of an organization dedicated to creating an inclusive learning environment where every student can reach their full potential.
Priscilla Espinosa VocoVision Account Executive
Email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled