TVI - Minnesota
WORK FROM HOME POSITION
Job Title: 2018-19 Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Job Summary, Responsibilities, and Requirements:
- Licensed in state of current residence
- Licensed in state of practice
- Excellent follow up skills (call back, email, virtual conferencing)
- Instructs students (K-12th grade) in accordance with the course of study adopted by the board of Education, to include instruction of current Braille techniques.
- May develop individualized education plans appropriate to the needs and abilities of each assigned student.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in compliance with IEP goals.
- Complete assessments (i.e.: functional vision assessment, etc.), as required for student’s needs.
- Keeps abreast of developments, research, and new technology in the field.
- Performs any other related duties assigned by the Principal or Special Education Director
- Ability to work from home with limited supervision
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field.
Licensed in state of residence and state of practice (if not currently licensed, must be willing to get at least 1 additional license
Must possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public.
The work environment is what you want it to be!!! (As long as you are in your home location and have a semi professional background while virtual)
Criminal Justice Background check, Fingerprinting, TB Assessment
Vocovision is a leader in teletherapy matching professionals with schools districts.
If you meet the qualifications and like the idea of working from home while still making am impact – APPLY NOW or email Daryl.Porter@vocovision.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled