TVI - STL
2018-19 Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Job Title: Teacher of the Visually Impaired
DO what you currently do as a TVI but from the comfort of home!!
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Instructs students (K-12th grade) in accordance with the course of study adopted by the board of Education, to include instruction of current Braille techniques.
- May develop individualized education plans appropriate to the needs and abilities of each assigned student.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in compliance with IEP goals.
- Complete assessments (i.e.: functional vision assessment, etc.), as required for student’s needs.
- Keeps abreast of developments, research, and new technology in the field.
- Performs any other related duties assigned by the Principal or Special Education Director
- Willing to perform teletherapy
- Ability to work from home with limited supervision
- Licensed in state of current residence
- Licensed in state of practice
- Excellent follow up skills (call back, email, virtual conferencing)
A key to this role is technology. As long as you have basic technology skills and experience with systems like Skype, Conference Calls, or Go To Meeting – YOU WILL BE FINE. We train you on our teletherapy technology, free of charge!!
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field.
Licensed in state of residence and state of practice (if not currently licensed, must be willing to get at least 1 additional license
Must possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public.
The work environment is what you want it to be!!! (As long as you are in your home location and have a semi professional background while virtual)
Criminal Justice Background check, Fingerprinting, TB Assessment.
Supervision: Director of Special Education and Principal of School
Vocovision is a leader in teletherapy matching professionals with schools districts.
If you meet the qualifications and like the idea of working from home while still making am impact – APPLY NOW
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled