Virtual - Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher | Carolina Beach, NC
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher North Carolina - Remote
VocoVision is a leading educational institution dedicated to providing inclusive and quality education to students in North Carolina. We are currently seeking a passionate and experienced Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher to join our team remotely.
Position Overview: As a Remote DHHT, you will play a vital role in supporting students who are deaf or hard of hearing in their educational journey. You will collaborate with educators, parents, and students to facilitate effective communication, implement Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), and create an inclusive learning environment.
- Provide direct and consultative services to students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Conduct assessments to determine students' communication and educational needs.
- Develop and implement individualized educational plans (IEPs) and intervention strategies.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and support staff to ensure an inclusive learning environment.
- Offer guidance on the use of assistive technology and adaptive equipment.
- Facilitate communication between students, parents, and school staff.
- Maintain accurate records and progress reports.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Deaf Education or a related field.
- North Carolina Teaching License in Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education.
- Previous experience working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) is preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a remote setting.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled