Virtual Deaf Hard of Hearing Teacher | Pennsylvania Schools
Virtual Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing for 23/24 School Year
Job Type: Full-Time
VocoVision is a leading online education provider committed to delivering accessible and inclusive virtual learning experiences. We are dedicated to empowering students with diverse needs to achieve their educational goals. As a virtual teacher for the deaf and hard of hearing, you will play a vital role in creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment for our students.
We are seeking a passionate and qualified Virtual Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing for an independent contracting role. As a virtual teacher, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality instruction and support services to students who are deaf or hard of hearing. You will utilize your expertise in specialized teaching methods and technology to provide an accessible and inclusive learning experience.
- Assisting an onsite DHH, direct services
- Develop and deliver engaging virtual lessons aligned with the curriculum to meet the unique needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Utilize appropriate technology, such as video conferencing, captioning, and sign language interpreters, to ensure effective communication with students.
- Adapt instructional materials and strategies to accommodate different learning styles and language modalities, including American Sign Language (ASL).
- Provide individualized instruction and support to students based on their specific learning goals, abilities, and accommodations.
- Collaborate with parents, guardians, and other stakeholders to create and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) and monitor student progress.
- Provide ongoing feedback and support to students to facilitate their academic and social-emotional development.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share knowledge, resources, and strategies for supporting students with diverse needs.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of student progress, attendance, and other relevant data.
- Bachelor's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Valid teaching certification/state license in Deaf Education or Special Education (specific to deaf and hard of hearing students).
- Proven experience teaching students who are deaf or hard of hearing, preferably in a virtual or online education setting.
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) and familiarity with other communication modalities used by individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Knowledge of assistive technologies and software used in virtual education for deaf and hard of hearing students.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish rapport with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting the academic and social-emotional growth of students with diverse needs.
Must have license
At least two years of school/pediatric experience
Home computer with high internet speed
Must be tech savvy (we do have onboarding sessions for the software!)
Must provide your own liability insurance and be comfortable with being an independent contractor
If you are enthusiastic about making a positive impact on the education of students who are deaf or hard of hearing through virtual teaching, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, teaching certification/license, and any relevant supporting documents to [email protected] or call me directly (904) 586-4989
VocoVision is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive and supportive work environment for all employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled