Virtual Job- School Speech Pathologist -
Are you a School Speech Language Pathologist who has experience delivering virtual speech therapy?
An accommodating and engaging School District in Indiana needs a Speech-Language Pathologist to join its team. This is a fully remote, school-based opportunity to work 40 hours per week as an independent contractor.
A 1099 Contractor, also known as an independent contractor is the term for a self-employed person or a business owner. The main advantages of self-employment are #1 You are your own boss. #2 Federal or state tax is not withheld from your weekly pay. #3 You can make business deductions on your taxes.
Self-employment may be an opportunity to consider if you are looking to have a more flexible schedule and get paid an hourly rate for your specialized services.
Remote Speech Language Pathologist duties
- Working from home, you would be responsible for coordinating your schedule with staff and students. Typical school day M-F 7:30am-4pm with 30-minute duty-free lunch.
- Conduct virtual assessments to evaluate, diagnose and treat speech, language, communication, and swallowing disorders in students with varying degrees of severity.
- Comfortable with a range of disabilities from mild to moderate to profound
- Ideal candidate has an additional understanding of working with students who are non-verbal (AAC devices etc)
- Lead virtual speech therapy sessions with students either 1:1 or in small groups. Teletherapy experience is a plus but not a requirement. An ideal candidate would have enough in-person experience to be able to translate lessons to a virtual setting.
• Start Date August 2022-May 2023
VocoVision Speech Teletherapist Requirements
- Masters Degree in Communication Disorders
- State SLP Licensure and teaching cert
- Completion of Certificate of Clinical Competence
- 2 years of independent schools experience
- Ability to pass a basic computer proficiency test
- Ability to acquire personal liability insurance
The hourly pay rates for this position are dependent on experience and district budgets but the weekly income will be over $1,400. On top of weekly pay, This position offers the ability to work from home! – NO COMMUTE.
You will have unique access to a teletherapy platform with an extensive bank of regularly updated training videos, learning units, and standardized testing kits, plus, teaching and scheduling tools.
VocoVision provides ongoing training on the comprehensive teletherapy toolkit as well as an ability to earn a professional video conference license
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit, please apply below and call Claire Zarynoff at 770-776-2133 for immediate consideration. I can also assist other licensed school professionals who are interested in teletherapy!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled