Virtual School-based Sign Language Interpreter Needed in Hawthorne, California (30 hours)
Full Time Virtual School-based Sign Language Interpreter in California
VocoVision is seeking a committed and compassionate Sign Language Interpreter to join our network and work for a fantastic school district in California, servicing their students for the upcoming school year!
As a Virtual Sign Language Interpreter, you will play a crucial role in facilitating effective communication between deaf or hard of hearing individuals and hearing participants in various virtual settings. You will use your expertise in sign language interpretation to ensure that all participants can actively engage in conversations, meetings, educational sessions, and other virtual events. This is a remote position, allowing you to work from the comfort of your own home or preferred workspace.
- Provide high-quality virtual sign language interpretation services in real-time during virtual meetings, conferences, webinars, and other online events.
- Adhere to professional and ethical standards of confidentiality, impartiality, and accuracy.
- Prepare for assignments by reviewing materials and familiarizing yourself with subject matter and specialized vocabulary.
- Collaborate with clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth communication flow and address any concerns or technical issues.
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL) and English.
- Certification as a Sign Language Interpreter (such as RID or equivalent).
- 3.3 EIPA or RID required
- Proven experience in sign language interpretation, preferably in virtual or remote settings.
- Familiarity with virtual platforms and video conferencing software.
- This is a 30 hour a week position
- The position is offered as an independent contract.
- Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Range of compensation for SLIs in CA is between $40-50/hr. depending on the experience of the contractor
If interested, please apply and send an updated copy of your resume directly to me at [email protected]. From there, I will be in contact with you regarding the next steps of the hiring process. It is my goal to help you so please feel free to contact me via phone at 904-638-5385 for any additional information! Looking for full time virtual work? Contact me directly via my number!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled