Remote sign language interpreter responsibilities
As a remote sign language interpreter, you have an indispensable role, and with that comes many important duties. As the intermediary between multiple stakeholders, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, such as:
- Facilitating Interaction Between Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Students and Others
- Serving as a Language Model for Students
- Improving Student’s Signing Abilities
- Working Within Different Signing Environments
- Continuously Learning and Refining ASL or other Sign Systems
- Advocating for Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Students
- Collaborating with Educational Team Members
You’ll also be working with school staff to ensure that students’ needs are met, including IEP goals, student communication obstacles with peers and/or adults, and relaying common signs to the school community.
Sign language interpreter jobs from home hiring requirements
Typically, a degree in an associated field and evidence of proficiency is required. State licensure is also required and varies based on each state. Many positions require valid EIPA, RID and NIC certification.
Be the liaison for those students who need you the most. Help create a bright future for students while allowing yourself the flexibility and freedom of working from home. Submit an application today for our remote sign language interpreter jobs!Read Less
- Virtual School Sign Language Interpreter
- Fully Remote Sign Language Interpreter Georgia
- Sign Language Interpreter -Full - Time - Remote Position - K-12 - Marietta Georgia
- Macon Georgia - Sign Language Interpreter -Full - Time - Remote Position - K-12
- Sign Language Interpreter - Augusta Georgia - Full - Time - Remote Position - K-12
- Athens Georgia - Sign Language Interpreter -Full - Time - Remote Position - K-12
- Sign Language Interpreter - Savannah Georgia - Full - Time - Remote Position - K-12
- Sign Language Interpreter - Atlanta Georgia - Full - Time - Remote Position - K-12
- Georgia Remote Sign Language Interpreter
- Distance Learning Sign Language Interpreter Teletherapy
- Work from Home Sign Language Interpreter
- Remote American Sign Language Interpretation for Students
- American Sign Language Teacher
- Pennsylvania Sign Language Interpreter Needed!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.